Education is the topmost priority of the government of Pakistan Awami Tehreek.
The literacy rate will be raised through adult education movement and by imparting
formal and informal education within a period of 10 years through a great educational
revolution. The first priority of the manifesto of Pakistan Awami Tehreek is education
for all (EFA).
- The literacy rate will be raised up to 90% in the next 10 years.
- The educational system from the initial stage to the level of university
will be changed in the next 10 years by enforcing the modern and developed educational
- In keeping with the new educational policy the teachers will be trained
in order to enhance their competence to meet the demands of new trends in education.
- The educational activities based upon thinking and understanding will be
started systematically from early education and primary level.
- The basic knowledge of ideology of Pakistan and Islamic studies will be
incorporated in the curriculum at every level.
- The educational institutions and curriculum will be purged of every kind
of sectarian, regional, linguistic and sectional biases and hatred.
- For the effective implementation of educational reforms educational devolution
scheme will be enforced in the department of education.
- Efforts made for the spread of education in the private sector will be encouraged
at every level.
- Information technology will be promoted at economic, educational and industrial
- The proposed reforms will also be implemented in the seminaries to integrate
them in the national mainstream.
- Respect for human rights, rule of law and philanthropist behaviour will
be made part of the curriculum of every level.
- Primary education confirmation card (PECC) for children will be issued throughout
- The number of the students will not be allowed to exceed by 30. For this
purpose the double shift system will be started in the schools so that the students
are able to get maximum individual attention of the teachers.
- A special educational fund will be set up for the higher education of the
helpless and needy students. Traders, industrialists, rich citizens and people
with good economic standing will contribute to this fund on the basis of proportion
of their income.
- Our government will impose educational emergency throughout country to achieve
90% literacy rate under 10-year educational plan. According to this plan, new
educational institutions of every level will come into being and double shift
system will be introduced in the existing schools. Thus the number of educational
institutions will double through the introduction of this system.
- A ‘National Education Force’ comprising of the jobless educated youth will
be established for the availability of educational staff, which will organize
efforts for the achievement of 90% literacy rate.
- All Pakistani schools, colleges, universities and research centers will
be linked to the national industrial enterprises so that the theoretical and
practical knowledge is harmonized.
- Volunteer scholarship schemes would be launched at national level for the
education of the children of the poor farmers.