The health sector has always been in a shambles in Pakistan. The government of
Pakistan Awami Tehreek will allocate 5% of total budget for health and the following
steps will be taken to improve health standards of the citizens:
National Health Service will be set up at the national level, which will ensure
the provision of basic facilities of health to every citizen and will devise a mechanism
for better performance in accordance with the international standards in health.
The following steps will be taken under this organization:
- The factors like poverty, ignorance, unchecked population, environmental
pollution, non-availability of clean water, faulty sanitary system and adulteration
in food have impacted very adversely on the health of people. Our government
will address all causes, which are responsible for deterioration in the health
field through the co-ordinated efforts of different related departments.
- The facility of free medical treatment will be provided to the people with
less than Rs. 5000 income.
- Emergencies health centers will be established in different areas where
people will have the facility of getting the first aid help in the case of any
emergency or accident.
There will be a ban on the practice of quacks who play havoc with the lives of
- The system of National Health Insurance will be put into effect for the
immediate provision of medical facilities to the public at the official level.
- Strict punitive laws will be enacted against those who adulterate in the
food and medicines.
- No medical University exits in the country at the moment. A medical university
will be set up to promote the medical education in accordance with the international
- Psychotherapy centers will be established for the treatment of psychological
and addicted patients.
- The environment will be created in accordance with the principles of health
- The production and heinous business of narcotics will be strictly dismantled
and punitive punishments will be meted out to those involved in it.
- The rural incentive program will be started to make practice attractive
in the villages so that the doctors could be able to serve in the villages as
well as in the cities.