Pakistan must first own War on Terror, says Qadri
NEW YORK: Calling for speedy as well as strong legislation against terrorism, Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) leader, Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri, Saturday proposed a plan of action against the nemesis of humanity that has now started slaughtering innocent children in the name of holy vengeance, Samaa reported.
“It is my national and international duty to provide an effective strategy on how to rid country of terrorism”, Qadri said addressing a press conference via video link from New York.
During the course of the presser, Dr Qadri also announced that PAT would stage countrywide rallies to solidarity with the victims of Peshawar school massacre and armed forces of Pakistan.
"PAT will very soon resume its revolutionary struggle where it was discontinued," he said hinting at his possible return to re-launch an anti-government movement, which he was forced to cut short owing to health issues.
Here are the 14 points of his anti-terror plan:
- Terrorism can never be effectively decimated unless the nurseries, where terrorists are bred by brainwashing the impressionable children are razed to the ground.
- The society will have to be made moderate by steering the youth out of ideological extremism.
- If we are serious in doing something about it (and not hypocrite about it) then War on Terrorism will have to be declared as our own at national level.
- Why were hundreds of condemned terrorists –enjoying life on death row for years-- not hanged?
- Those who are creating confusion about War on Terrorism should be declared as national criminals.
- To start with the government should convene a joint sitting of Parliament and pass a resolution declaring War on Terrorism as Pakistan’s own.
- A network of peace & education centers should be spread across the country.
- I offer to voluntarily provide teachers as well as curricula for peace training programs given the government is sincere in counter-indoctrination of the minds poisoned by the extremists.
- We will have to legislate against the terrorism. West even ignored human rights while legislating against terrorism.
- I demand of the armed forces of Pakistan to use their influence to ban funding pouring into the country from the overseas in name of religion because the cowardly ruling regime doesn’t have the mettle to do it so.
- All kinds of hate-mongering literature should be banned.
- Operation Zarb-e-Azb should be expanded to the entire country.
- Military courts should be set up for the trials of terrorists.
- Pakistan Army should take control of special or anti-terrorism courts and paramilitary forces.