PAT bemoans lack of government’s writ in overcoming petrol shortage
Dubbing the load-shedding and skyrocketing dearness as heinous conspiracies hatched by the ruling elite against the poor people of Pakistan, Faiz-ur-Rehman Durrani, president of Pakistan Awami Tehreek, has said that about 3% section of the power elite has made life difficult for the remaining 97% of people through their monopolization of political decision-making and economic resources. He said that the return of the same people to parliament each time elections are held is a proof of the fact that political power is concentrated in a few hundred families to the detriment of 180 million people. He said that the only ritual that a common man has to perform is to cast his vote while the decisions to hand over power to who are taken at the highest level.
Faiz-ur-Rehman Durrani expressed these views while talking to a newly elected executive body of Pakistan Awami Tehreek Punjab led by its president Lehrasib Khan Gondal in his office today.
He said that the artificial shortage of petrol was created to benefit a limited number of people who made the best use of opportunity thrown at the door and earned billions of rupees. He said that during the recent shortage of petrol, the writ of the government was nowhere in sight, while the people were suffering a great deal. He said that an increase of 41 rupees in diesel prices and 32 rupees in petrol prices over a period of two years has crushed the people under the debris of inflation and dearness. He asked the people to become master of their destiny and not to rest until they send the present system packing which has made life miserable for them.
PAT Punjab’s Secretary General M.H. Shaheen, Mian Zahid Javed and other leaders were also present on the occasion.