PAT proposes 14 points for Next Punjab Budget
Lahore (29th April 2019) Pakistan Awami Tehreek has sent 14 recommendations for Budget 2019-20 to Chief Minister Punjab and Finance Department. These recommendations were prepared in the meeting of Central Executive Committee Punjab, in which President of Central Punjab Bashrat Jaspal, President South Punjab Fayyaz Warraich, President North Punjab Qazi Shafiq Ul Rehman, Secretary Information Noor Ullah Siddique, Vice President Zahid Mahmood, and secretary coordination Arif Chaudhry participated.
14 Recommendation for Punjab Budget
- Police must be reorganized to avoid incidents like Model Town and Sahiwal.
- Necessary legislation be made to convert local bodies into true Service Centers.
- Goals must be set to repay foreign loans within two years, new loans must be banned.
- Hundred percent use of funds for Education, Health, local Government, and Justice must be ensured.
- Comprehensive energy policy must to devised to rid Punjab of Power crisis.
- Salaries of Govt. employees be increased, funds must be allocated for Labor colonies.
- Strength of High Court Judges be increased, vacancies of Judges and other staff in lower judiciary must be filled.
- To protect life and property of citizens, and check heinous as well as street crimes, strength of Police force must be increased and they should be trained and facilitated accordingly.
- To end extremism and hatred, curriculum must be revised.
- Campaign to create awareness about respect and supremacy of Law must be launched.
- Special desk must be set-up in every Police Station for action against elements involved in cyber crimes and provocative activities on social media.
- Comprehensive policy must be devised to provide pure water to over 100 million population of Punjab, timeline must be fixed to deal with the pending cases of corruption.
- Required funds must be provided for provision basic facilities at primary, middle and high schools.
- Provision of funds to Assembly members must be banned, and in this context necessary legislation must be passed.